Saturday, November 11, 2006

Untitled Post

So did I tell you nothing is straight-forward here? well of the 3 things I have been trying to get accomplished since I arrived, 2 are complete!!!! I now have a bank account and I have a registered company, yey! the third was internet access, my dad had been working on this before I even arrived and guess what? still no access, each time I ask, if it's during the week, the response "it will get done between today and friday" if it's a friday or over the weekend then I hear "it will get done between today and tuesday". This is what I have heard 5 weeks in a row on getting a VSAT connection. It is just ridiculous, how can you practically beg to subscribe to their service? it makes no sense.

Anyway moving on, I noticed a trend in Lagos anytime you pay for something they never seem to have change. At first I thought it was just a couple of coincidences but then every where I went they came back with some story about not having change and I end up leaving my change with them. So last weekend I went to soul lounge (or is that what it's called?) at the palms with 2 of my girlfriends, after we paid the guy was like the bartender doesn't have N150 change, so I'm like no sweat it's not like we're leaving anytime soon, whenever he gets it he should give it to us. So when we ready, we couldn't find the original waiter then we called another guy and asked him to bring our change, he was like the original waiter collected the change from the bartender and has left for the night.....WFT??!!!....Hell No!!!.. So my friend is like "That is not our problem!! go get the change from the bartender and collect it back from the other guy when he gets to work tomorrow!!" Can you imagine?...so to cut a long story short the guy sheepishly went off and came back with our change.

2 comments:

Funmi said...

that's the sly way those people use in order to keep your change don't mind them. hope u had fun at soul lounge?

9jamommy said...

funmi, so I see oh, it's really annoying though cause I was planning to leave a tip. Soul lounge was good, I actually went again last friday