Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Soul Lounge

So I finally 'bubbled' oh!. Last Friday I went to Soul Lounge, which is a teenie, weenie bar/lounge at the palms. I went with my 'socialite' cousin (that's a topic for another day) and her soon to be husband. The place was surprisingly packed, it really wasn't much different from the NY night scene the key differences being, people smoking inside (I have gotten used to the no smoking inside), a lot of older men with small small girls (I mean it's not even shameful anymore oh! these girls were comfortably walking around with their 'daddys') and the music (a lot of Nigerian songs mixed with the regular US hits - it was quite good). There were also plenty little girls with their boobies and booties hanging out, but then again that's not really a Nigerian thing, it's universal.

Funny enough, one of the things a lot of people (5 different people told me this) told me to be careful of in Nigeria were the Nigerian girls. They said they are really agressive and they don't really give a hoot if a man is married (even I saw this for myself). I mean, even when my husband goes out and I don't follow him (I can't follow him everywhere now!, me too I have things to do), everybody is like,".....this is Lagos oh!...you better follow your husband..." which kin wahala be this? I don't want to breath down anyone's neck.

Anyway, I had a good time at soul lounge, but I think I will be laying off the night scene for a while, it doesn't look like I'm missing much, plus I don't like being squished in one corner while people are stepping on my feet.

5 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

hahaha - its not becasue you are now married that you dont want to go the bars.

its just sad to hear what is hapening in the nigerian youth culture with respect to the morals on rlationships.

Thank you for the warning. Stay blessed.

9jamommy said...

thanks life of a stranger and overwhelmed naija babe, I'm sure it won't be much different next year when you come.

Anonymous said...

soul lounge is a lovely place(glad u liked it).it is definately shameful how these lil girls just throw themselves at the older (also shameless) men. lord help us.

Toksboy said...

hmmm. squashed in corner with people stepping on your feet. when you are young this is called fun. as you get older it vecomes arthritis. me sef I will try and go to the Soul Lounge tomorrow so these girls can throw themselves at me. with my physique they will only bounce off and hurt themselves. Or Iyawo will do it for them. great blog btw.

Anonymous said...

well, i think it's all about fun if u go out for a night of funa nf networking, soul lounge is the place to be believe me i made so many links with people i would never reach outside soul lounge, soul lounge has so many theme parties, and there's definately one comin up this december! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!