Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Updates

I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog. I will always update my blog.

Sorry.

So I was reading through my blog the other day and realized I have asked for advice on so many things but never come back (with the exception of Kpuff Kpuff's party) to say how it went. So I'm going to do a bit of updating today.

Mrs Nanny
Yes Mrs Nanny is still in the picture, why? because with all her attitude and everything she basically gets the job done and I have been advised that the next one may be worse (sigh!). Whatever the case, I want kpuff kpuff to start going to a creche or something (my aunt has one in the neigbourhood) for an hour or two in a day, so that we're less dependent on Mrs Nanny, and also so Kpuff kpuff is more social, kpuff has to be a good mixer...lol. and not scream her head off everytime someone new comes along (which is what she does now).

Web Developer
I still haven't found one, but truth be told I haven't looked as hard as I should be looking. I want to make sure I have some things finalized before I start dishing out a salary every month.

Fine Face, No Pimples
My face has actually cleared up a bit, I stopped using 3 million products and just settled with washing it morning and night with baby soap and cleansing with a dove cleanser/toner.

Post Partum workout
My lazy butt didn't do anything consistently, I drank lime water first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening the last few months and I'm now back to my pre-baby weight + about 5 lbs. Ooooh yeeeeeaaaah.....watch out now, MILF alert!

Kpuff Kpuff
I finally registered Kpuff kpuff at Reddington (I couldn't find any contact info on Premier). Today was her first checkup with them, they have a pretty impressive facility, we'll see how it goes. As far as her tantrums, I think they are getting worse, could this be a preview of the "terrible twos" Gaawd, I hope not.

Let's see what else has happened...., I have decided I want kpuff kpuff to go to the French school, I called them but they said it's way too early to register her that I should call back next year. What do children do before kindergarten? just playgroups and stuff?

Thanks for all the comments on the "Lazy" post, I told my friend, she knew already, I don't know what has happened yet (if he's married or not)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol at the first paragraph!
I thought you fell off the face of the earth lol!!

Don't leave us too long now :)

Arewa said...

Damn i should have known Chichi would have beaten me to it ...well I am 2nd !!
Off to read will be back in a sec

Arewa said...

ok i am back now.....i see that all the good advice paid off in the end and that everything seems to be falling into place.

Do keep us posted & stay blessed.

I have just updated my blog page so do stop by and have a read.

X X X

Dimples said...

Nice to have u back after almost a whole month..
Totally happy and pleased for u on all your updates...

I would have thought also that French School was a bit to early...there are a few really good need i add pricy play groups on the Island...Lekki/VI especially that u can check out...if not there is always dropping Kpuff Kpuff off @ grandma's house...lol(that worked 4 me sha as a kid!!...1st grandchild and all that)

Good luck funky MLF 9jamommy!!!

ababoypart2 said...

Great to see you back again.. Dont think it should be that difficult to find a web developer.

9jamommy said...

@chichi...lol, promise not to again (at least not anytime soon :))

@arewa...lol..it's no biggie to get here first :)

@arewa...thanks for stopping by :), I will definitely stop by your blog

@dimples...Thanks, yeah I thought they had some sort of pre-kindergarten or something, kpuff kpuff is the first grand child, but grandma is a diva o..lol, none of that baby dropping off everyday...lol

@ababoypart2...thanks, it will shock you it's not as easy as you think, there are a lot of web designers masquerading as developers, and unfortunately for the work I get, I need a developer more than I need a designer. Also, when you find the really good ones, they want like $2000/month which I can't afford to start anyone on. I will put an ad up in the papers soon though, and keep you guys posted.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I work in a recruitment agency and can help you find you developer if you are interested (for a fee of course!!) so let me know if you are.

Anonymous said...

Finally an update!!!!!!! Welcome back

Reddington- pricey but good! The paed DrAdeyemi is very good, but can be a tad 'forceful'-to parents/nurses/any adults. You will get the feeling of 'away', ie everything new, clean & organized as opposed to Premier where things do work but a lot slower!

Prseschool- loads. Footsteps in Osborne Estate is great- 9-12, but she has a 'waitinglist'. I was so put off by that and I noticed she kinda had a preference for oyinbos, so i thot you can stuff your creche which is really in your bq

Corporate kids, pink & blue, ikoyi nursery are all options- they are slighter more 'naija' though.

Great job on the weightloss- did your tummy ever return to its pre-preg shape. After 2 kids I just don't recognize my body anymore. I am still a size 12, but tummy & boobs are saggy!

9jamommy said...

@anonymous...yes I am interested, please email me at 9jamommy@gmail.com

@lagosbiggirl...lol...thanks....LOL @ "...stuff your creche which is really in your bq...".

Thanks, my tummy isn't quite what it used to be as far as size, but it's not saggy, neither are my boobs (there are some perks of having small boobs...lol). Plus, I was really really small before I got preggers. Good luck, though, what are you doing as far as your tummy?

JiggaMouse said...

Good morning.

I have just added your blog to a collection of all Nigerian blogs which I am currently building and which can be found here: http://naijalive.net/nigerianblogs . On the site you will be able to read posts from 197 Nigerian blogs ALL from one place (this number will increase as we continue to add new blog feeds).

The preview version of the Nigerian super Blog was launched on the 1st of July 2007 and the site is still very much in active development. we'd be happy if you can find time to check it out (I promise you are going to love it because you will be able to read all your favorite blogs and more from one place!).

We'd also appreciate any kind of feedback, (blogs @ naijalive . net) and possibly a post about us. and if you really like the site, please tell people about it and add a link to us in your blog.

Other ways you may support this FREE project is by helping us with links or pointers to Nigerian blogs so that we can add them if they are not already there.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Pls where did you get your dove toner? Mine just finished and i've been searching all over lagos

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

I like ur blog Nija Mum good luck will need some of those tips for wen i drop too. The Reddinton is great, theres nothing better than good things of life esp. if u can afford them. How old is ur puff puff now?

9jamommy said...

@jiggamouse...thanks for the add, I'll check it out.

@anonymous..I got mine at the store in opic plaza next to sheraton, sorry I don't know the exact name of the store, but I think it's the only one in that plaza, it's on the ground floor and last door on the left if you're facing the building

@a kel called wonder..thanks for the compliments on the blog, uhhhh are you expecting??? (scuttles off to go read your blog..lol). Yeah so far I'm happy with the Reddington. Kpuff kpuff is about 14 months now.

Anonymous said...

Just sent you an email - re: Web designer

Anonymous said...

guys, which one be the "French School" We're just moving back to Naija (after 15 yrs no less) and i need a school for my boys aged 2 and 4 in the Lekki area...any suggestions are welcome!

Meenu Kakar said...

hey there!! readur blog on nursery schools for r kids..its quiet old though not sure if u are still blogging.
We ve just moved to Lagos , have adaughter 22 months old i am desperately looking for aperfect nursery school for her. I live in Ikoyi been to the Montessori(near banana island) been to LPS ( nt very impressed) heard abt Int'l mother playgroup ( no idea where it is)...can i have some suggestions from u as it looks u did quiet a research on them..waiting for ur reply ..

til next , later
Meenu (indian)

Anonymous said...

Int'l Mother & Child Playgroup is in British High Deputy Commission Kingfisher in Ikoyi. I brought my daughter there for the summer. Basically, its a playgroup for kids 0-5years old. They also have a toddler group but you have to be on their waitlist before you can join.

Meenu Kakar said...

i took my daughter there for this summer ..u were there???

Anonymous said...

I've just read your posts and at your comment made in 2007.... "Prseschool- loads. Footsteps in Osborne Estate is great- 9-12, but she has a 'waitinglist'. I was so put off by that and I noticed she kinda had a preference for oyinbos, so i thot you can stuff your creche which is really in your bq

Corporate kids, pink & blue, ikoyi nursery are all options- they are slighter more 'naija' though."

Footsteps is hardly a BQ....take a look at the playgroup now and let your eyes widen! you want a place populated with nigerians becauseee??? its such a backwards way of thinking. She's only doing what she loves and she's good at it. and so what if there are a number of foreign people there?? its a great way to network and socialize with people from other backgrounds and cultures.. and not just in the silly bubble you live in. That's why nigerians are so stuck up and will never move forward!