Thursday, August 16, 2007

I spoke to an old friend today, before today I hadn’t spoken to her in about 16 years, we lived on the same street for about 3 years till I turned 10 or 11 then my family moved. Talking to her brought back a flood of memories both good and bad. There were 3 of us who were about the same age on the street, we went to birthday parties together, went to ‘lesson’ together, went to the club together, everything but go to the same primary school. It was at one of their houses I watched the first Nightmare on elm street, the cosby show (though I didn’t get the humour at the time…lol) and countless other ‘cool’ shows. It was also from them I found out what various dirty words meant…lol. Funny thing is I could have contacted them at any point over the last 16 years, at least we were in the same country before I traveled in 1998 and I made absolutely no effort for reasons I honestly can’t remember. It was also in that period I discovered the bitchy back biting tendencies of girls and I must admit I fully participated in these activities as well……..(that was before I became ‘deep’ and took my women studies feminism class...lol). Whatever the case I’m glad I spoke to her and actually looking forward to meeting up with her hopefully soon.

In other news, I have a new nanny, Miss B. I met her through the girl that does our feet. She started on Monday and since kpuff is in her normal diva state she’s definitely not letting Miss B. just carry her without a fight…lol, but at least she’s blowing her kisses and waving bye when she leaves, trust me that’s a lot for kpuff to do for someone she’s known for just a week.

13 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

This kpuff kpuff babe ma wa oh! So she sabi how for blow kisses? A diva indeed. Her and The Enforcer would be fast friends!

Glad you have someone new and I hope it works out fine. Take care and hugs to kpuff.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

oooh I was first!!!
and second. yipee!

Toksboy said...

9jamommy can you please in touch vie email. If you see my recent post you will see the PC has gone to a higher plane and hence I have lost all my mails etc. Need to talk about nannies,help etc

Arewa said...

I know exactly what u mean....i have been getting the same feeling too ..since i hooked up with majority of my old school mates on Hi 5. U then realise that a lot has been going on and that people have moved on....everyone has a story to telll...then again THATS LIFE.

Well at least our DIVA waves @ Miss B and even blows her kisses..that should do for now...i think they will get on just fine as long as Miss B stays real and doesnt start causing any wahala...

Zena said...

lol,
that child is a major babe.lmao, I can just imagine her. Well good-luck wiv everything.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Congrats on ur new nanny, hope she stays and good luck

Bitchy said...

Kpuffy blows kisses? Lol, your daughter is hilaaarious Xxx

Sam Oracle said...

I know what it feels like when you meet old friends, especially if you've not had any contact in a long time

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Good for you! Wish you all the best with your new nanny!

Anonymous said...

Friends we made way back are always the best. Nice blog

My 2 cents said...

Tell me about the back biting tendencies of women. I have friends from high school I haven't been in touch for reasons I still cannot explain.
I go to Nigeria and I know I can contact them but I'll rather not cause they really hurt my feelings..
I have forgiven but I just cannot look at them the same way again.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of my reunion with my supposed ex girlriend.hey 9ja mommy if u need a website,hit me up:htgunna@yahoo.com

Arewa said...

WAITING FOR AN UPDATE OOOHHH!!